Wired! Living with German Wirehaired Pointers and Border Terriers

Welcome to my world. A world that many times revolves around the dogs who live with me, German Wirehaired Pointers mostly, but also Border Terriers.

I welcome you to send photos of your German Wirehaired Pointers and Border Terriers.

My kennel name is Justa.... long story that you can read by going to my other blog page. There you can read all about my dogs (mostly the Wires) and find out some other interesting things about the breed as well.

There are many dog blogs on the internet, and I follow quite a few of them. So, why another one? One reason is that lately I'm finding that too many of those pages seem to have forgotten why they started, to write about dogs. Too many have gotten themselves involved in politics- doggie and otherwise.

I hope to be able to keep this a friendly place for dog owners, a place where you can find dog care information, training tips, new products, travel, hunting.... and hopefully upbeat and fun!

I hope to write at least once a week, at least that's plan. If anyone would like to submit something to share, send me photos of the GWP's and Border Terriers, share away!

Again, Welcome to my world!
Bernee Brawn
Justa GWP's and BT's



Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow and Things to Come

SNOW STORM!
Here we sit in the midst of a huge snow storm coming up the east coast. The predictions are for 12 inches at least, maybe more.

Now I know many of you out there just love the winter, and love the snow. I'll admit, it's pretty, and it can be fun, but mainly I'm feeling.... BahHumbug.... get me outa here!

The dogs love the snow, they think it's just great fun to run, roll and get all full of tiny little snowballs all over their bodies! And, again, I'll admit, it's fun to watch them have fun.

But then they want to come in the house, and those millions of tiny snowballs melt all over the house. I've just got to go find some old towels and put a half dozen next to the doors. That way at least I can rub them down before they climb up into my chair to make themselves cozy.



Playing in the snow..... they love it!











In 14 days we are heading south for the winter!!!!!!!! You all can have this beautiful white stuff and the freezing weather. Me? Give me the beach, sunshine and some fishing. Yup, I'm a winter sissy..... I'd rather be reaching for the sun screen, then reaching for my earmuffs.

For the past 10 yrs., we have spent at least 3 weeks in Florida, then it turned into a month, then 6 wks... this year 2 1/2 months!

I thought it would be fun to post some photos of the dogs who have travelled with us on our winter vacations. Enjoy!













Warmer days from the past!

Top Flite (DC/AFC Dunkees Justa Top Flite MH)
retrieving a coconut in the Florida Keys
Weasie (Ch Ruffcuts Justa Southwind)
crusing down the St. Johns river in Florida

Weasie and Topper on the beach in the Florida Keys.
Both of these German Wirehairs just loved the beach there. They spent most of the day running in the shallow flats looking for fish.
They would be out there from sun up, till sun down......I truly miss these two dogs. They were so much fun, and just great friends.


This is Weasie and Tess (our first Border Terrier) in the Florida Keys watching Jim go out in the boat, without them! Weasie taught Tess to fish.....they
became great pa
ls.

Tess and Scooter fishing in the Indian River in Sebastian Florida.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Great to see more Borders in our neck of the woods ... South Florida! Great pics and post!

Best,
Michele
www.borderjoy.com

Justa GWP's said...

The BT's love the beach!!!